Dr Tsung is an Australian trained general orthopaedic surgeon with a special interest in adult hip and knee arthroplasty, young adult hip disorders, knee ligament reconstruction and arthroscopy, along with musculoskeletal trauma in both adults and children.
Dr Tsung has extensive experience managing orthopaedic trauma of the upper and lower extremities in multiple metropolitan and regional trauma services in Australia and the UK and undertook his Fellowship in Hip and Knee Surgery at Peninsula Orthopaedics Research Institute and Fellowship in Hip Surgery at Princess Elizabeth Orthopaedic Centre in the UK.
He is sub-specialty trained in both arthroplasty and arthroscopic techniques of the hip and knee, ligament reconstruction and joint preservation surgery and is one of the first Orthopaedic Surgeons on the Gold Coast to provide patients with robotic surgery options and to perform unicompartmental knee replacement and hip replacement surgery.
Dr Tsung’s professional goals include providing a comprehensive elective and trauma orthopaedic service to the community of the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers. This is now being realised with the formation of the sub-specialist team of orthopaedic surgeons at Orthopaedic Clinics Gold Coast.
Dr Tsung has a special interest in robotic assisted arthroplasty of the Hip and Knee. His areas of specialty also include:
• Hip arthroplasty
• Complex hip arthroplasty
• Revision hip arthroplasty
• Impaction grafting techniques
• Young adult hip conditions
• Hip joint preservation surgery
• Total Knee Arthroplasty
• Revision Knee Arthroplasty
• Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty
• Knee Arthroscopy
• Knee preservation surgery including High Tibial Osteotomy
• Cartilage and Meniscus Damage
• Sports Injuries
• ACL Reconstructions
Memberships and Qualifications
• Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Orthopaedics)
• Fellow of Australian Orthopaedic Association
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Sydney
• Bachelor of Science (Microbiology & Immunology), University of NSW