Know My Midwife Program (KMM)
The Know My Midwife program gives mums-to-be the very best in Midwifery Continuity of Care through the coordination of regular antenatal appointments and postnatal care, with our highly experienced Know My Midwife team of Midwives and your chosen Obstetrician.
This program gives you the opportunity to form meaningful and trusted relationships with those who will be with you on your path to childbirth.
How does the Know My Midwife Program work?
Once we have received your completed Know My Midwife referral from your Obstetrician, our Maternity team will contact you to arrange an antenatal appointment to meet you.
The Know My Midwife team of Midwives and your Obstetrician will share your care. They will provide you and your loved ones with individual support and follow you through your journey into motherhood.
There is no out of pocket cost to participate in the Know My Midwife program and appointments are held in the John Flynn Maternity Unit located in the hospital. This also gives you the unique ability to get to know the ward and feel comfortable within this environment.
NSW Border Community Clinic
To better support our northern NSW John Flynn Families during the COVID-19 Pandemic, our clinic will now be available at the Mullumbimby Comprehensive Health Centre.
Our Know My Midwife and Lactation Consultant Chrissy will be available every Friday for our families for both antenatal and postnatal care.
Contact our Midwifery Navigators Clare and Katherine to book your appointment on (07) 5586 5628
What does Know My Midwife offer?
- Midwifery care by highly skilled Midwives
- Shared-care experience
- Support for mothers-to-be & partners
- Antenatal Care
- Postnatal care up to 6 weeks
- Parenting education & support
- Breastfeeding education & support
- Access to Women's Health Physiotherapist, Lactation Consultants and Postnatal Clinic at John Flynn Private Hospital
How do I participate in the Know My Midwife program?
- Choose to have your baby at John Flynn Private Hospital
- Discuss the Know My Midwife program with your Obstetrician (from as early as your first appointment).
- Contact the John Flynn Private Hospital Maternity Unit as early as possible
Still have questions? Call or email our Maternity Care Navigators.
If you are interested in participating in the KNOW MY MIDWIFE program, please fill out the form below and we will be in touch shortly.