Volunteers at our hospital provide a highly valued extension to the clinical and medical care of our patients and the support of their families and friends.
Our valued volunteer teams make a significant difference daily to our hospital community as they strive to provide a positive experience for our patrons and staff by treating all people with dignity and respect.
John Flynn Volunteer Services welcomes and embraces volunteering at our hospital. Our volunteers come from many backgrounds and walks of life. Our volunteers consist of retirees, local business people, part-time workers and people who just want to be involved in their local community. We recognise and value every volunteer's unique ability and contribution.
What we do
John Flynn Private Hospital Volunteering Services have many innovative and exciting programs to choose from. Some of the roles that are undertaken by our volunteers are;
- Attend Hospital Information Desks
- Caring for patients through companionship and social activities
- Assisting new Mums and their families through our ‘maternity angels’ initiative
- Chaplaincy service
- Buggy Service
- Cancer Council
Friends of Flynn Volunteers
- Meeting and greeting patients and visitors on arrival at the hospital
- Providing information and direction from designated information desks
- Escorting patients on their admission and settling them into their rooms
- Escorting patients on their discharge
- Assist with menu selection
- Caring for flowers
- Visit patients providing companionship and support
- Providing administration assistance such as preparation of mail-outs and preparing patient record charts
- Assistance with major health and fundraising events
Join our team
To join our growing dynamic volunteer team please call our volunteers coordinator on 07 5598 9119 or email VolunteerCoordinat@ramsayhealth.com.au to ask for an application form.
You will be invited to attend a meeting with our volunteer coordinator where we can discuss what role would suit you best.
Our volunteers are provided with orientation and on the job training by being matched with experienced volunteers on their first shifts. All volunteers attend a half day hospital orientation program. Training and information is continued throughout the year with meetings and training sessions.
John Flynn Private Hospital values our volunteers as integral members of our team. The hospital hosts recognition events for our volunteers during National Volunteers Week in May and have a special celebration for our volunteers at Christmas time.
We look forward to you joining our team.