Dr Stephen White is a specialist colorectal surgeon and the founding member of the John Flynn Colorectal Centre practicing at the John Flynn Private Hospital since 1995 and co-director of the John Flynn Anorectal Physiology Laboratory since 2003.
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgery (RACS) since 1991 and a member of the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSSANZ) since 20014. Dr White has been a Member of the Gastrointestinal Society of Australia since 2002. He is also the Visiting Medical Officer in the Tweed Byron Health Network as a consultant colorectal surgeon to the Tweed Hospital. He is an Associate Professor at Bond University and also Head of the Department of Surgery at Bond Medical School.
Dr White graduated from the University of Queensland and trained at the Royal Brisbane Hospital before working abroad as a senior registrar in France, Scotland and England.
He oversaw the introduction of “key hole” laparoscopic colorectal resection as well as pioneering the treatment of faecal incontinence with sacral nerve stimulation.
Dr White has been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals and is an active clinical researcher.
Special Interests include:
• Colorectal Cancer including Bowel Cancer screening
• Laparoscopic Colorectal and General Surgery
• Anorectal diseases including haemorrhoids, fissure and complex fistula surgery
• Faecal Incontinence evaluation and surgery including sacral nerve stimulation
• Rectal/Pelvic Prolapse evaluation and surgery
• Diagnostic and Interventional Colonoscopy Proctology
• Anorectal Physiology
• Diverticular Disease
• Crohn’s Disease