Baby to Toddler Clinic
John Flynn Private Hospital is also home to the Mother and Baby Clinic available to all Gold Coast and Tweed Coast families. The Clinic offers professional support and education for families with newborn babies up to 3 years of age covering all aspects of infant/toddler feeding and nutrition, assistance with sleep and routines and developmental milestone checks.
We provide one-on-one appointments in a private and relaxed environment whilst ensuring that you receive consistency and continuity of care and advice. The clinic is operated by a qualified and experienced Midwives/Child & Family Health Nurse and Lactation Consultant Adrienne Wheatley and is situated on Level 3A.
To EMPOWER parents by...
- Offering education and support inspiring confidence in parents and their ability to parent.
- Giving advice in the form of options to enable parents to choose a solution to an issue suitable to their lifestyle.
- Encouraging parents to trust their parenting instincts by giving them positive reinforcement.
- Providing parents with information and access to community resources to ensure timely and ongoing support is available to them on their parenting journey
Support, education and advice is provided in our Mother & Baby Clinic for:
- Breast feeding assistance and management.
- Sleep and settling strategies.
- All aspects of infant nutrition.
- Infant growth and development assessment.
- Postnatal checks for mother.
- “Fussy” babies.
- Twins and Prems.
To make an appointment, phone John Flynn’s Maternity ward on (07) 5598 9040 or Mother & Baby Clinic - (open 2 days per week – Tuesday and Thursday) on (07) 5598 9658.
NSW Border Community Clinic
To better support our northern NSW John Flynn Families during the COVID-19 Pandemic, our clinic will now be available at the Mullumbimby Comprehensive Health Centre.
Our Know My Midwife and Lactation Consultant Chrissy will be available every Friday for our families for both antenatal and postnatal care.
Contact our Midwifery Navigators Clare and Katherine to book your appointment on (07) 5586 5628
For mums who have had their babies with us the first two clinic appointments are complimentary, for additional appointments set fees apply.
Set fees are as follows:
Mother baby clinic 30-minute appointment: $35
Lactation 60-minute appointment: $70
Payment must first be made at Reception (Ground Floor), then proceed to Level 3A with receipt.
Dependant on your health fund, your appointment may be covered, we recommend you contact them prior to your appointment to confirm. This service is not Medicare subsidized.