If you would like to upgrade your stay, the Birth Centre also offers two Deluxe Ocean View Suites, subject to availability and upon admission to the Birth Centre.
This package incurs an extra premium and is not available for pre-booking.
The Deluxe Ocean View Suite Package includes:
- Meals for you and your partner – including morning and afternoon tea.
- Mini-bar, fruit bowl and cheese platter stocked once upon arrival.
- Premium comfort double bed.
- Luxurious private ensuite.
- Comfort robe and slippers, and personal toiletries packs for you and your partner.
Deluxe Ocean View Suite fee:
The cost of this deluxe package incurs an additional cost of $400 which is a one-off, upfront payment which covers the duration of your stay. This is an out of pocket expense and will not qualify for a rebate from your health fund*.
Terms & Conditions
*Your health fund will generally cover the costs of accommodation for a mother and newborn in a standard room (not the Deluxe Suite) in the hospital, as well as the provision of standard meals by the hospital for the mother. The items listed in the bullet points above are generally not able to be claimed from your health fund and the amounts quoted above for those packages will be payable by the patient. Some insurance products may include a "family in-hospital benefit" (or similar benefit) which allows amounts to be claimed for partner accommodation and meals. Please speak to your health insurer to clarify any amounts related to the above packages which may be claimed.
John Flynn Private Hospital encourages a new mother to keep her baby in her room, as this promotes:
- Bonding between the mother (and father) and baby
- Opportunities to learn practical parenting skills
- Increased confidence
- Decreased risk of cross infection
The staff will support mothers in learning and developing skills for caring for her newborn.
Toddlers / Children
Toddlers and children are welcome to visit but are not permitted to stay overnight.