Gradplus Program - John Flynn Private Hospital
Thank you for expressing interest in the John Flynn Private Hospital Gradplus Program.
John Flynn Private Hospital is owned by Ramsay Health Care which is Australia’s largest operator of private hospitals. Founded in 1964 Ramsay Health Care has developed an excellent record in hospital management and patient care, features that combine to make it one of the most respected and successful private hospital operators in the country.
A nursing career at the John Flynn Private Hospital offers you greater choice and flexibility than you may find with many other hospitals. There are career opportunities for nurses at all levels, from graduates through to senior management across a range of clinical specialties. With an absolute focus on delivering the best possible patient care and exceptional working conditions, John Flynn Private Hospital aims to offer you a career opportunity that will enrich your skills and expertise and reward you with the satisfaction of caring in a team-based and professional environment.
The Ramsay Way culture of innovative, customer-focused care and service is well recognised throughout the industry...a culture of commitment and dedication as expressed in:
THE RAMSAY WAY
- We are caring, progressive, enjoy our work and use a positive spirit to succeed.
- We take pride in our achievements and actively seek new ways of doing things better.
- We value integrity, credibility and respect for the individual.
- We build constructive relationships to achieve positive outcomes for all.
- We believe that success comes through recognising and encouraging the value of people and teams.
- We aim to grow our business while maintaining sustainable levels of profitability, providing a basis for stakeholder loyalty.
John Flynn Private Hospital...
Our hospital provides a comprehensive range of acute services, including general medical and surgical services as well as more complex services such as cardiology, oncology and rehabilitation.
We wish to have a hospital that provides the very best opportunities for our nursing staff. We are aiming to provide the highest possible standard of care for our patients so we must be a hospital that performs at the absolute peak of excellence.
John Flynn Private Hospital provides health services to the people of the Gold Coast, Tweed Coast and Northern New South Wales. It is purposely designed to provide the highest level of comfort and is truly a modern health facility. The hospital was opened in 1993 and is located at Tugun on the southern end of the Gold Coast. The hospital has over 300 beds and provides a wide range of in-patient and out-patient services enabling it to be a major referral hospital for this region. As a team, all of our staff are committed to achieving our vision of being the leader in the provision of comprehensive quality health care.
Benefits of a Graduate Program at John Flynn Private Hospital...
John Flynn Private Hospital’s goal is to provide you with a supportive Graduate Nurse Program built around your specific learning needs. The aim is to assist in your professional and personal development to becoming a competent and confident Registered or Enrolled Nurse.
The program endorses the principles of adult education and problem based learning. We strive to create a learning environment, where your prior experiences are a valuable resource for further learning and construction of new knowledge.
The program will offer you the opportunity to develop your clinical skills in a variety of patients care settings. You will find that our supportive preceptors and other staff will assist you to further develop your confidence. You will have access to a specifically tailored clinical competency program. Advancement through this program in your graduate year gives you the knowledge, skills and attitudes to meet the challenges of clinical nursing.
John Flynn Private Hospital has a dedicated Graduate Team that organise all the activities offered in the program and ensure that you are offered diverse learning experiences in your transition from student to Registered or Enrolled Nurse. Furthermore the Graduate Team are available to support and coach you and assist with any questions you may have throughout the year.
The following are just some of the things that will be offered to you at John Flynn Private Hospital as a part of your Graduate Nurse Program:
- Structured paid orientation.
- Preceptorship throughout your graduate year.
- Supernumerary periods at the beginning of each new clinical rotation.
- Paid study days, delivering quality education, provided by experts in the field.
- An individual folder containing competencies for both of your rotations to assist you in the development of your clinical skills.
- Several meetings throughout your graduate year, with the Graduate team and your peers, discussing relevant issues for your transition from student to Registered or Enrolled Nurse.
- One-on-one support and coaching from your Graduate Team.
- Ongoing group learning activities and self - directed learning programs. These occur at regular intervals throughout your graduate year. They are designed to allow you to discuss your clinical challenges and work through clinical patient scenarios that are relevant to your day-to-day experiences. This will assist you to develop analytical and critical skills and integrate your knowledge within the context of the real practice setting.
- Free electronic library service providing you access to an extensive collection of books and videos, journals, a document delivery and research service and access to popular databases such as CINAHL, MEDLINE and PROQUEST.
- Staff Health Program (e.g. free flu and Hepatitis B vaccinations).
- Access to gymnasium facilities.
- Free staff car parking.
- Free morning tea.
- Specific Education forums and study days.
- Social Events.
- Staff Rewards Program.
- Post Graduate Scholarships for further study.
- Clinical rotations through the following areas:
- Intensive Care Unit
- Cardiac Medical
- Cardiac Surgical
- Day Surgery
- Emergency Care
- Coronary Care
These are just the beginning of the advantages that working at John Flynn Private Hospital could offer you. We are confident that you will see many more if successful with your application.
We offer programs for both Endorsed Enrolled Nurses and Registered Nurses.
Graduate intakes occur twice a year in February and August – Applications open 4 – 6 months prior via GradPlus site.
So what are you waiting for? Apply for a graduate program at John Flynn Private Hospital; visit www.ramsaycareers.com.au
For further information on Gradplus Queensland and to apply for a graduate program at John Flynn Private Hospital go to www.ramsaycareers.com.au
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact our Graduate Nurse Coordinator:
New Graduate Coordinator
John Flynn Private Hospital
42 Inland Drive, Tugun QLD 4224
Phone: 07 5598 9880