Our Birth Centre - Gold Coast
John Flynn Private Hospital - Queensland’s first “Baby Friendly” hospital, accredited by UNICEF and the World Health Organisation (WHO).
The birth of a baby is one of life’s most treasured experiences. At John Flynn Private Hospital our staff have created a warm and relaxed environment which allows us to support mother and family to share in the joyful experience of childbirth. The maternity team comprise of highly skilled clinicians, midwives and educators who are committed to providing a quality standard of care.
This level of support and care extends well beyond what would traditionally be expected and covers a complete range of education programs from conception advice, antenatal stages through to postnatal care six weeks after the birth.
At John Flynn Birth Centre we focus on parents, their babies and the nurturing of the family.
We want you to feel right at home…
- Childbirth and parenting program
- Spacious and comfortable birthing suites
- Waterbirth option available (with consent by your Obstetrician)
- Private and spacious suites are provided, each with ensuite, TV, fridge, wifi access
- Special Care Nursery (for sick or premature babies greater than 32 weeks gestation)
- Peaceful, landscaped gardens accessible
- Deluxe Ocean View Suite Package
The best in support…
- Your choice of Obstetrician
- Paediatricians on call 24 hours
- Lactation consultant
- Radiology, pathology and pharmacy services available
- Tours of the Birth Centre - conducted every Saturday afternoon at 3pm
- Physiotherapy and massage - available to aid your comfort and relaxation
- Mother and Baby Clinic
Arranging Your Stay
After obtaining a referral to your Obstetrician from your GP, your Obstetrician will provide you with the necessary forms for admission to the John Flynn Private Hospital. We ask that these be completed as soon as possible.
- Online by completing the online admission form
- Submission of forms to Hospital Reception as soon as possible
If you have any concerns regarding booking your admission, please contact our Customer Service Centre on Toll Free: 1300 130 080
If you wish to attend childbirth and parenting classes please contact Ph: 5598 9040.
Note: Prior to making your initial appointment with the Obstetrician, it is important to contact your health fund to confirm your level of private health insurance.
Fathers and immediate family are welcome in our Birth Centre anytime.
General visiting hours are between:
3:30pm – 5:00pm and
6:30pm – 8:00pm
Mothers are encouraged to sleep between 12midday – 3:00pm
It’s the Little Things
Every aspect of service at John Flynn Birth Centre is planned with your convenience and comfort in mind.
- A range of freshly prepared meals are available and we cater for individual needs and special dietary requirements.
- From the moment you choose John Flynn Birth Centre our midwives are committed to providing professional and personalised care.